How to Apply for an Individual
1. All applications must be submitted on the
Scholarship application form supplied
by the Director of Education, a Board member, The New Calliope or from the
2. Applications must be sent to:
Jim Soapy Dixon
5323 E. Murdock
Wichita, KS. 67208-3561
4. Selections will be made by the Board.
5. Scholarships will be awarded for family
entertainment educational programs which run a minimum of 10 hours of educational activities for short programs (1-3 days). And 30 hours for long programs (4-6
6. The number of scholarship awards will be
determined by the availability of funds in the Education Endowment.
7. Scholarships will be awarded to COAI members
in good standing and have been a member for one full year before applying.
8. Scholarship Award must be used for the
requested program during the requested year or it will be forfeited. Scholarship awards may not be used for transportation, food, or merchandise.
9. The COAI Individual Educational Scholarship is
coordinated with the World Clown Association, the International Shrine Clown Association, Mooseburger
Camp, Advanced Clown Studies and
recognized regional organizations to prevent duplication of the award.
10. All awards are paid directly to the Registrar
of the Program Selected except in cases where the individual has paid for their own registration and have proof of attendance in the program selected. Then and only then will they be individually reimbursed.